Background

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blessings and Peace

Words are not coming easy right now. I am not the writer in the family, I am not good with words and I certainly do not use the proper grammar or punctuation, but I don know what is on my heart.  I am just so amazed at what God has done in our lives the last few weeks.   

We met with an agency yesterday and it went very well. Lynn and I had such a peace about it when we left.  She was very honest with us and did not try to sugar coat anything.  It is hard and sometimes things fall through and you are out money and a piece of your heart.  Still we know this is the path God is leading us down.

 I was so touched by the ministry that they do that I started crying in the middle of our discussion.  My heart was just so overwhelmed.  I told the social worker we met with that my heart aches for the birth mom and that I have been praying for her.  I can not imagine the courage and strength it takes to give up a baby for adoption.  I think about how scared the birth mom is or will be.  This will be a very trying, emotional and stressful journey for us but I can't help but think about the woman that will give her child to us to raise and love.  Please join me in praying for her as you continue to pray for us.

 We, like so many other couples, stress about how we are going to be able to afford adoption and where to adopt from. God already knew this and he has been making a way for us.  Lynn was able to find some computer classes to teach for a few weeks for extra income, my hours were increased at work and I am making some baby items and selling them on Etsy.  BUT, the biggest surprise and blessings have come from friends in our lives even ones we have not seen in a long time.  We have had one friend donate her time to offer mini photo sessions and donating the money to us. Today we received a check in the mail and it was so generous and it is enough for us to submit our application and truly begin the process.  It is so humbling for people to care enough about us having a child to love.  I can't tell you how much I have cried, tears of joy of course, for people to give us their hard earned money.  It is so overwhelming but in a good way.  The things that seem so little to some people make such an impact and to be a part of such a wonder group of people sharing the love of God with us, we feel very honored.  We consider this to be a ministry that God has called us to and we could not imagine doing it without our friends and family being there with us.


We love you all and are so thankful for God's blessings.  We look forward to passing on what God has bless us with.


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment